[Poclad] Money matters

Wanda Ballentine wsb70 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 22:46:33 PDT 2010

http://rwer.wordpress.com/2010/10/01/extending-the-tax-cuts-the-ninety-eight-percent-solution/
Extending the Tax Cuts: The Ninety-Eight Percent Solution
Mark Weisbrot, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research

http://richardheinberg.com/221-economics-for-the-hurried
Economics for the Hurried - includes video
MuseLetter #221 / October 2010 by Richard Heinberg
Over the next few months, most of my MuseLetters
and blog posts will be excerpts from a new
book-in-progress with the working title ‘The End
of Growth’. Only some of the book’s contents will
be serialized this way. The final product, with
graphs and footnotes, will be published by New
Society Publishers in fall 2011.

  http://www.alternet.org/story/148181/?page=entire
5 Outright Illegal Scams That Should Put Wall St. Bankers Behind Bars
 From laundering drug money to gouging you on
overdrafts, here are five scams where Wall Street ran afoul of the law.

http://www.energybulletin.net/media/2010-09-30/peak-moment-180-taking-back-our-lives-wall-street-mafia
  David Korten - Taking back our lives from the Wall Street mafiaVideo

http://www.alternet.org/story/148305/bill_maher%3A_when_will_obscenely_rich_a**holes_stop_crying_about_taxes
Bill Maher: When Will Obscenely Rich A**holes Stop Crying About Taxes?
The wildly wealthy got us into this mess, and now
they're whining non-stop because they might have
to pay a little more in taxes.

http://www.alternet.org/story/148323/modest_tax_on_billionaires_could_erase_budget_shortfalls_of_every_single_us_state
Modest Tax on Billionaires Could Erase Budget
Shortfalls of Every Single US State
The ten richest Americans on the new Forbes list
carry, all by themselves, more than the
inflation-adjusted net worth of the entire
initial Forbes 400 list back in 1982.

http://www.alternet.org/story/148270/federal_reserve%3A_it%27s_a_disaster%2C_it%27s_all_our_fault_and_we%27re_going_to_do_nothing_about_it
Federal Reserve: It's a Disaster, It's All Our
Fault and We're Going to do Nothing About it
After three decades of flat wages the middle
class has exhausted all coping mechanisms. It
can’t send more spouses into paid work or work more hours or borrow any more.
Robert Reich

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/opinion/24krugman.html
Downhill With the G.O.P.
The party’s main concern seems to be the war on arithmetic
By PAUL KRUGMAN

http://www.truth-out.org/our-acute-case-fiscal-madness63692

Our Acute Case of Fiscal Madness

By PAUL KRUGMAN

http://www.care2.com/causes/politics/blog/what-is-with-republican-candidates-and-mishandling-finances/
What Is With Republican Candidates Mishandling Finances?

http://www.care2.com/causes/civil-rights/blog/scotus-to-decide-if-corporations-have-privacy-rights/
SCOTUS To Decide if Corporations Have Privacy Rights

http://www.alternet.org/story/148339/left_versus_right_is_meaningless_--_it%27s_us_versus_the_corporations
Left Versus Right Is Meaningless -- It's Us Versus the Corporations
It is now an Individual vs. Corporate debate – and the Humans are losing.

“If we do not do the impossible, we shall be
faced with the unthinkable.”  social philosopher Murray Bookchin
How can a person live a moral life in a culture
of death?  Charles Bowden  Some of the Dead Are Still Breathing